Saturday, June 18, 2011

Splitting Transactions @ CVS

I couldn't wait for next week to use my 30% and $8.99 in ECBs I earned yesterday. I decided to look at the CVS flyer again and devise a little shopping trip to get me some goods for "cheap."


Here is what I did based on the ad:
If you spend $10 on Crest ProHealth items you get a $5.00 ECB
If you buy 2 Kraft Mayo's, you get them for 2 for $4.00 (pretty good deal considering mayo is pretty expensive - and now that it's summer time BBQ's require at least 1 side made with mayonnaise).
Charmin 4 DoubleRoll tp was on sale for $3.00 each
I also need to buy a few Father's Day cards for Sunday.
...
I had a manufacturers few coupons
$1.00/2 Crest ProHealth Toothpaste
$1.00/1 Crest ProHealth Mouthwash
2-$1.00/1 Kraft Mayo
$1.00/2 Charmin Toiletpaper

I split my transactions into 2 purchases:
Trans 1
(2) Crest Toothpastes
(2) Father's Day Cards
(1) Good Luck Card
(1) Crest Mouth Wash
(2) Kraft Mayo

$4.00 in manufacturer coupons used
$6.20 off from the 30% off CVS coupon
$8.99 used in ECBs

Total Out of Pocket (OOP) - $5.45
Earned: $5.00 ECB

Trans 2
(2) Charmin 4 doublerolls toilet paper

$1.00 in manufacturer coupons used
$5.00 used in ECBs (from Trans 1)

Total Out of Pocket (OOP) - FREE

I purchased $42.80 worth of products for $5.45!
87.2% Savings!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive! You are on your way to a segment on Extreme Couponing;) Your excursion proves that it can be brands I like - I use all of those!

    KL

    ReplyDelete